Jessica Austin, PCC
(Professional Certified Coach)
Master Facilitator and Leadership Skills Trainer
Awarded the “Global Passport Trainer of the Year Award 2011″ by Crown Relocations for consistent, top quality intercultural training and coaching. Certified by the International Coach Federation (ICF), Dean Foster Associates, The Effectiveness Institute, Intercultural Business Improvement and Development Dimensions International (DDI)
Hi! I am an American living in the Netherlands since 1999, with 20 years of US and Pan-European HR, coaching, training and recruitment experience at Microsoft, Deloitte, and The Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (a top 10 European MBA program).
I have 10 years experience leading teams in Director and Senior Mangement roles, and was responsible for training and certifying Microsoft facilitators and coaches for three years. In addition to leading Train The Trainer programs, I facilitated 120+ days of leadership development and management skills training for Microsoft and Skype employees around the world (in virtual classrooms, and “live” in Belgium, Denmark, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, The Netherlands, Poland, Russia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the US).
Having graduated from the reputable Coaching Certification Program at The Hudson Institute of Coaching, I am a certified coach trained to use methodologies and tools to guide individuals and organizations to make significant, intentional change happen. I am also a DFA-certified Cross-Cultural Consultant, Master Facilitator for Microsoft, and supervise coaches in training at The MMS Institute.
I am licensed to administer the full suite of Hogan assessments, the Behavioral Style Profile assessment (which delivers measurable improvement in individual, team and organizational performance) and the IBI Intercultural Readiness Check (IRC), which assesses individuals’ current level of competence in interacting successfully across cultures. I use these tools with clients to create awareness of one’s strengths and blind spots (see “Johari Window“). I offer a training program for groups and a coaching program for individuals designed to build intercultural compentencies measured by the IRC (Intercultural Sensitivity, Intercultural Communication, Building Commitment and Managing Uncertainty).
My Journey Forward
“Working with internationally-minded people and organizations”
In 2009 I launched My Journey Forward to coach and train clients committed to making intentional, positive change. I coach individuals, teams and families. I also design and conduct customized, in-company intercultural skills training and workshops. Workshops include the opportunity to take the IRC and receive personalized feedback including constructive ideas for development. Workshops can also include an introduction to intercultural theory, interactive exercises, role-plays and case study video.
My clients have come from 50+ countries around the world. They work at companies in various industries, including: ABN AMRO, American Medical Systems, Bolton Adhesives, Crown Relocations, Dean Foster Associates, DDI, Deloitte, Elsevier, GE, Heineken, IBI, IBM, ING Bank, London Business School, MayCoach & Company, Microsoft, Philips, Shell, Skype, Rotterdam School of Management Erasmus University, Unilever, Yale School of Management and more.
In addition to face-to-face meetings, I coach by telephone and Skype. This facilitates my ability to work with people living all over the world.
Examples of training and speaking engagements:
• Coached 75 Microsoft Managers in a 1-1 virtual setting
• Delivered 12 Train The Trainer programs, and certified 35+ coaches and facilitators to deliver Microsoft L&D services world-wide
• Master Facilitator for the following Microsoft training and coaching programs: Talk to an Expert: Change, Deliver Results Through Teams, 1-1 Training, Manager Role Preview and Smart Interviewing at Microsoft
• Delivered Coaching Essentials for Leaders, Manager Fundamentals (a 3 day long training program), Manager Rhythm of Business, and Rewards Discussion Workshop for Microsoft Managers and employees world-wide
• Designed and conducted “Build Your Cultural Intelligence” workshop for MBA students at Yale School of Management and staff at The Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University
• “Leading Diverse Teams” competency skills trainer for IBI (Intercultural Business Improvement)
• Customized and delivered “A World of Difference” workshops for American Medical Systems EMEA operations, finance, sales and marketing teams
• Hired by Crown Relocations on more than 40 occassions to conduct cross-cultural training for Unilever expats and their families
• Panelist on Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business webinars “Resources for the Global Job Search” and “Global Career Development – Finding Jobs and Opportunities for Career Growth Internationally”
An overview of my professional background can be found on LinkedIn at: http://nl.linkedin.com/pub/jessica-austin/0/525/4